Every one of us experiences a moment when we must face challenging emotions like anger, grief, anxiety or sadness.
Sometimes people tend to use unproductive and harmful strategies to temporarily make them feel better like drinking too much alcohol or overeating with unhealthy food.
Based on many requests from you, I created this list of 25 positive ways to cope with challenging emotions. The list consists of my personal ideas, but you might think of other ones that work better for you.
Here is the list:
1. Go for a walk and reconnect with nature.
2. Take five deep breaths.
3. Challenge yourself to learn something new.
4. Read a book that pleases you.
5. Call a trusted friend or family member.
6. Listen to your favorite music playlist.
7. Let yourself cry if you need to.
8. Draw, paint or create something.
9. Take a sheet of paper or journal and write all your emotions down.
10. Exercise, dance, run.
11. Write yourself a kind and loving letter.
12. Volunteer for a cause that matters to you.
13. Make a list of things you are grateful for in your life.
14. Take a hot, relaxing bath.
15. Play more. Enjoy the moment the play with kids or pets.
16. Try yoga.
17. Practice meditation.
18. Start a mood journal. Write in it how you are feeling, and what your thoughts and emotional triggers are every day.
19. Offer yourself a moment of self-care like a massage or spa treatment.
20. Disconnect. Take a break from social media, switch off your mobile phone and do something you enjoy doing.
21. Sleep enough (at least 8 hours per night).
22. Do something kind for someone else (help an older adult).
23. Read inspirational quotes.
24. Take a trip out of your town.
25. Step out of your comfort zone and visit a new place. It can be for a d